Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome to our "OOL"

Notice there is no "P" in it. Keep it that way!

Why are people so excited for the summer? I just don't get it. Here in the A to the Z, it is hot. HOT with a capital H that sounds like your choking on phlegm. HHHHHH!!!!

I love it how the news anchors say it's "warm" until it's 110. It's laughable. I become a hermit at 90 degrees, thankyouverymuch. Todd works outside, with boots, jeans, and in many cases, a welding hood. The hood would be necessary because he welds, and welding implies HEAT. Not just heat, but hot metal, which retains heat. So, my dear sweet husband is out in the 100+ temps playing with fire and metal. I will listen when he complains about the heat because he is in it. Silly news anchors. Warm. Psh.

Which brings us to my self inflected prison sentence...or as we call it...summer. If you don't have a pool, summer is a 4 letter word. I know that there are plenty of summer programs and public pools. Public pools GROSS me out. Too much chlorine to kill the too many germs. Too many people that do not obey The Spandex Law. ("Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD") It's an effrontery, truly. Visual assault. I just can't handle it. Maybe when my kids are older, and Garrison doesn't have tubes in his ears, and they all can swim...yeah, maybe not even then. I hereby vow that after Todd and I have graduated and are working in our respective fields, that our next home will have a pool. If it doesn't have one when we buy it, it will have a pool within two years of moving into it. So it is written, so shall it be.

I had begun wanting to write something a bit more serious, but this is where inspiration took me today. Maybe I should be a teacher. Venting 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment